Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Very Own MLIA (My Life is Average) Moment

For those of you who don't know, there is a website called My Life is Average where people submit short stories about 'average' things that have happened to them. For example:

Today, I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with some friends. We walked over to the jukebox and proceeded to put on "The Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats. As the song came on, while we were dancing, an employee comes up to us in a serious tone and asks who put the song on. My friend steps in front and says that he did it. The employee immeadeatly holds up his hand and gives my friend a Hi-5. New favorite resteraunt? I think so. MLIA 

Deep down, I always wished for my own MLIA moment. Yesterday, that wish was granted.

Today in Queer Lit class, my friend and I put N'Sync's Digital Getdown music video/song on the projector before our professor came to class. Some annoying kid turned it down and said that the song was stupid. Halfway through the song, our professor walks in and asks why there is an N'Sync song playing. We tell him that we are trying to relive the 90's. In response, he puts on Say My Name by Destiny's Child, turning the volume back up to the top. MLIA

And just because I could never truly believe some of these stories, here is photographic proof.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment