Monday, November 4, 2013

Blazer Challenge

I have been going through a 1/5 life crisis. I am 20 years old, but still feel extremely young for my age, especially as a resident advisor (RA), where many of my younger peers appear to be more mature than me. I am working on becoming a more "mature" individual in some aspects, which is weird as all hell.

As one of the parts of this maturity challenge, I decided that my style selections needed to be more adult-like (it took everything I have not to put that in air quotes), so I looked to one of my RA friends, Livia, for style advice. She always looks extremely professional and adult, no matter what the situation. I looked at her style, and thought about which parts of it made her appear especially serious. Then it hit me.

Blazers.

And just like that, the Blazer Challenge was born. Seven straight days of blazers. Livia even got on board and (temporarily) donated her blazer collection to my cause.

I give myself a C+ for this challenge. I tried to enjoy the blazers, but just ended up feeling constricted. Instead of changing my style to be more blazer-esque, I using some of my more drastic pieces to incorporate the blazers into my wardrobe.

After three days, I just couldn't do it anymore and ended up wear a super bohemian looking outfit, completely with fringe boots and head scarf. Even a few days later, my style is still younger looking and grungier than usual, like a style binge after fasting for a long time.

Maybe there is something to be said for immature after all, at least I would like to think so...



No comments:

Post a Comment