Friday, November 1, 2013

Off Campus Friends...

Getting attacked by Shrillz
...are the best people ever. They really are. As a junior living on campus, especially as an RA, it can be difficult to remember what it's like to talk to people that aren't forced to interact with me for work/caretaking reasons. It's also nice to be completely unfiltered, without having to worry about my job or being a role model (if that's even a thing).
Chris and I hanging out at his place

They also give me a lot of perspective. I can see the different things that they are doing with their lives: being in a band, student teaching in Texas, dating, doing dishes, and all sorts of other crazy things. It's weird though, I am rarely jealous of their lives (although I am so incredibly proud of each and every one of them). While I would love to light a candle every once and a while or blast music loudly, I wouldn't trade what I have for anything (as cheesy as that sounds).

My off-campus friends are supportive as all hell, and I could not love them more if I tried. Thanks for being around guys (especially because I feel like most of you are reading this)!



1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to be close with great people :)
    I wish you the best!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete