Saturday, November 9, 2013

Stranger Danger: Starbucks Edition

As many of my friends will tell you (if you know them, which you probably don't), I have a knack for striking up life-altering conversations with strangers. I consider this a talent and a hobby. They (my friends) consider this a death wish. Just a little back story.

Yesterday, I decided to sit in Starbucks and knit. I thought that I needed some "alone" time, whatever that is, and I didn't feel like walking all of the way back to my residence hall. A few minutes later, an older man with a large book took a seat in one of the comfy chairs next to me. At first, I was completely thrown off. Why is this guy sitting by me when there are other seats available?

We didn't really look at each other for a while, but then he asked me about my knitting (which I am obsessed with and will talk about for a very long time to anyone who is unfortunate enough to ask). Bam. We ended up talking about his book, a guide to trees around the country, and all of the trees that this man has seen (which is a lot).

It was beautiful. I have always loved trees, but this guy really took it to a whole new level. He even found me some acorns so that I could plant my very own tree (which is something I have always kind of wanted to do). It was awesome.This guy was awesome. The conversation that we had may or may not have made my day.

Look around, find your own stranger, and converse. You never know what you will learn..


1 comment:

  1. It's so refreshing when you meet someone and they aren't a creep :) !

    ReplyDelete